Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Stressful past 2 days

Yesterday up until the evening isn't worth too much commenting on. Went to my 3 lectures, 2 good one boring. (Learning how to read for uni in academic study skills.)

Yesterday night however is a different story. It was a nightmare!! Carina (one of my flatmates) and I decided we'd go to see if it's as good as everyone says it is. IT IS. Check it out, cos it does slightly put The Works to shame with its different rooms and music. Also, if you get online tickets you can go straight to the front of the queue. Anyway, I knew that the night wasn't gonna be my night cos things just kept going wrong one after the other, like a domino effect. First of all I cut my legs really badly with my razor, then when I was cleaning the razor on the towel it got through the towel and sliced my thumb. All wouldn't stop bleeding for ages, and I didn't have any plasters (I said to Mum I did cos I swear they were in the first aid box) so I ended up stealing them from Nikki as she works at Boots.


As we were coming out of Oceana we ran into a guy called Hugh who I've only met briefly. He had too much to drink and to cut a long story short, stole my glasses. And he's a kleptomaniac. I was freaking out cos obviously I can't pay for a new pair and he'd gone into Dalton Tower. I have no idea where he lives in there either. A really nice 3rd year stopped and stayed with myself and Carina until things were sorted cos he said he didn't want us to go without help. Carina ended up calling our friend Becie (it was getting to 3am by this point) who lives in his flat to try and get her to get them from him. Thankfully she did, but the nose pieces are a bit bent. So now I need to find a Specsavers.

Don't laugh at me.

As a result of this I didn't sleep too well and felt really groggy in Linguistics. That was ok though at its still quite confusing. German History and Society especially, as Uwe decided to do two lectures in one. Super fast!! Then I ended up getting the wrong lift to the North Wing and was 15 minutes late to German Language.

Over the past 2 days I've been given 6 pieces of work, all with small tasks embedded in them. Annoying. I have 2 and a half bits left, cos Blackboard isn't working properly and I can't access the listening task. Be prepared to spend ages on Blackboard looking for things. That or printing. I was in the library twice today and printed loads.

Cos of all this work and the antics of last night I decided not to go to the foam party tonight. I need sleep. And to stop eating junk food cos I'm normally very healthy. Urgh, that reminds me do not order chicken and chips and John's Fish Bar. Chips were great, chicken was gross. It was all grey and there was a bone sticking out of it. It grossed me out. Back on the pasta methinks.

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow. Yay.

EDIT: More stupidness. I just fell over my laptop bag and smashed my mouth on the hard plastic arm of the chair. I have a bloody top lip. Yum.

No comments: