Friday, October 5, 2007

At home

I really don't have good luck. Wednesday night everyone (literally) decided to be really noisy inside and outside of my flat at about 1am. My flatmates went out to RISA (I didn't cos I was sorting out my net) and got back at 1am. I heard Carys come in and slur "Can someone open my door for me cos I can't get it in...I can't get it in." loads of times. She hit her chin on the toilet seat. She came out of the kitchen when everyone else got in, and so they all decided to sit in the corridor. Fi got back and was so out of it- I think she yelled something like "OMG there's a door there." and couldn't stop laughing, Dan hit the wall and was like "There's a wall there. OMG it's speaking to me." There was some kind of flashing going on according to Matt. I thought I had a test so I had to go out and tell them to be quiet, but looking back on it now it was pretty funny.

Thursday I went to the doctors. That was all fine, apart from the fact that they've mispelt my surname.
Was all ready for the German test, I go up there and Emmanuele says, "Oh, they made a mistake on your timetable. It's only for those people doing the university wide language programme and that's not you." So I could've gone home then.

I got a call from Build a Bear in the Bull Ring, who want me to attend an interview on the 12th Oct. The only problem is, that I don't drive yet and it's in a nearby place called Dudley. I'll need to find out where it is and which buses or trains to get. I also got a message from the Langs for Life scheme so I have a meeting for that next week. I also have to go to the mentoring meeting, as I'd like to be mentored this year by an older student. (They know what they're doing better than I do and can give advice and exam tips.) Meetings galore next week.

Will MSNed me and was all guilt trippy and clingy, "You're the best friend I have." After 2 weeks?! That's a bit too soon for me to be honest. I'm only just finding my feet and am enjoying being independant. I don't really wanna be tied down by anyone right now. He hasn't really made any friends at all. Get out there people!!! Just crack a joke in your lecture. As a matter of fact- say anything!!

Today I decided that I would go home, seeing as I'm not too busy and only have a tiny bit of reading for Linguistics left. It was really weird arriving in my home town. I felt quite out of place to be honest and for a while I wished I was back in Brum and in my flat! Now it feels quite good being home, but I do wanna go back on Sunday. It's good seeing my cat (Pimms). My Mum said that Pimms hasn't been around much because she knew that I'd gone somewhere, and that her behaviour had changed somewhat. When I got in she hung around me for a few minutes and then sat a way away, as if she couldn't understand if I was real or not. After 10 minutes she wouldn't leave me alone. I'm gonna miss my cat when I go back. I love that thing to death.

Text from Will this afternoon- "It's Friday, kick back, rleax and come out with me and a friend into town." Pushy much? He's like this every day. I texted back and was like, "Err...well I can't really cos I'm not in Brum at the mo." Best excuse ever.

I'm ready to be diverted loads on Sunday. I've never done that before. Eeep.

No comments: