Thursday, November 22, 2007

Aaaargh....

Its been so manic since I last updated. I'm now fed up of Build a Bear, but only the working conditions and not the actual job itself. I was stuck on Fib 3 times on Saturday at the front of the store and hadn't had any food for 5 hours so it was tough standing there whilst being able to smell food. I had my lunch/tea at 5pm for goodness sake. Then, some kid chucked something at me whilst I was on the stuffing machine so I jumped and smashed my head on it. I'm not supposed to do that as I have a medical condition. I phoned my mum in a panic and she asked my boss to report it but he wouldn't. He didn't even bother researching what I have even though I put it on my CV. He's decided that I'm only allowed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and one or two days off after that, but other than that I have to work. I told him that I have exams and would like to go home as of the 15th so I'm leaving. I'm going to work at the German Christmas market instead hopefully.

Balancing homework, revision, extra work (ILT) and work is crazy at this time of year.

I'm really enjoying the time I get to spend with the people from the German Society as they're a really fun and crazy bunch of people. On Tuesday night I went on the pubcrawl with them which was a good laugh, apart from one guy who tries it on with all of the girls. I'm gonna hang out with them again tonight after I've finished my history revision. Apparently no one else has started yet. There's no way I could revise everything in 2 weeks and then do test papers in 2 weeks or so. My advice- start earlier than that. Don't cram.

Everyone in my flat is talking about where they wanna live next year. They looked at one place that did group flats. I'm feeling quite alienated from them now though- someone made a list of all the possible people and I was by the bottom with a question mark. Everyone else in my flat was at the top and definate. I'm sure it won't happen to any of you guys next year, but it just seems to always happen with me.

No comments: