Friday, February 1, 2008

Accommodation looking up

So much has changed since my last post.

As soon as I got back from home I spent a lot of time online looking for people to live with and places to look at. I advertised on several sites and I've had 4 replies- one place in Perry Barr with someone I don't know, two in Erdington with people I don't know and another in Erdington with someone I know. I also found the UNITE accomm, (The Heights and Curzon Gateway) and I've applied but its gonna be just as expensive as Lakeside will be next year (about 100 quid- I feel for all you Freshers next year- I'm paying £96 at the mo) So I also went round the Bullring and the Pallasades this week and handed out CV's, cos if I have to go there I'm gonna need a job!! A lot of shops don't want anyone for a few months though but some said that they might do.

Went and had a look around Aston Brook Green and I ran into my friend Yumi from the German Soc. She's looking for a place too with her friends, so we teamed up and applied today. Please keep your fingers crossed for us cos its only £43 per week.

The German Soc is the best, it really is. We made one of those paper things where you have to select a number and a colour and they had dares underneath. I had to stand up in front of everyone in Einies and declare my love for Dudley, the security guard, in German. It was so funny!!

No comments: