Saturday, February 9, 2008

Yay I have a house!!

Since my last post:

Keysurf threw me off at 2am on a Saturday when I needed to keep my eye on an Ebay auction for a costume for the Fairytale Ball. They hadn't taken the money for it cos something went wrong. Thankfully Aston have come up with a solution and you can get cheaper Internet through the mobile companies 3, Vodaphone or T-Mobile. I won the most expensive costume typically but it looked good last night and was worth it.

On Wednesday I went with a friend of Nikki's, Sally, her flatmate Laura who I met before my Translation exam in January and their friend Ed to view 2 houses in Erdington, which is a 15 minute bus ride away, cos I didn't get into Aston Brook Green. The first was a bit shabby but being done up and quite nice. Then we looked at one in the evening and we knew it was for us. It's very homey with big bedrooms and it's £50 per week. So now we have a house- yay!! :)

Thursday was so pointless- its been RAG week this week (charity raising week with events every day) and Wednesday night was the pub crawl. Everyone went on it, bar myself and a few others cos I figured I could just get drunk on Friday (which I did, coming up in a mo) and should go to my 5 hours of lectures. So I go to lang skills, and there's only myself, 2 of the French erasmus girls and Elisabeth, the lecturer. Then I go to Socioling expecting to be the only one and Dan turns up. Gertrud couldn't do the lesson properly because we were all supposed to be doing group presentations so she let us go and told us to do research. Lang skills in the evening wasn't much better either.

Stammtisch sucked. Only a few people turned up and then left. My friend came down and then started flirting with the guy I like and got off with him. So I went home in a mood, ate chocolate (which someone had already opened!!! Really annoyed) and watched Torchwood.

My Aston card is a bit bent and the printer won't take it so they gave me a printing card. Not paying £10 for a new Aston card!

Facebook is gonna take over your life- I met a new friend called Stephanie who likes the same music and TV shows as me and she's coming over next week for a Buffy marathon.

The Fairytale Ball was fab, though I'm feeling the effects now. I went as a black and pink cat. Ran into a few people from classes, Laura and Ed. Then ran into Adam and we ended up talking a lot. He kept buying me cinammon shots and Smirnoff Ice and I'd already had a large bottle of Becks Vier, so by about 1:30-2am (I'm guessing, cos I dunno what the time was) I was very drunk and was nearly falling over. My friend Stephanie had to take me home and then I woke up this afternoon not knowing how I'd taken off my clothes, gotten into bed, and put my pj's on back to front. AND- I lost the damn printing card. Twat. So I need some more paper for the printer at here. I don't think the library staff will be pleased if I go back and say I've lost it already. Adam thinks I ate it.

So yeah today I tidied my room in an attempt to find this card (I haven't done this desk actually, I should do that) then felt awful so lay down for 2 hours. Then I decided to go and get a quid baguette- the shop has CLOSED. There's one round the corner, but it's a quid dearer and still- that place was fab. I'm really sad!! So I went to Tescos.

Now I'm thinking about watching another movie after I've done a few more things.

No comments: