Monday, December 3, 2007

A weasel sat on a can of diesel...and blew up!

Home was really fun. Mum and I went out shopping and it was great to spend time together as we hadn't gone out since September. I also went back into school to visit my old teachers.

The last day at Build a Bear was eventful. I stayed on an extra 2 and a half hours and the stuffing machine broke (we're sure that the motor burnt out, but the boss won't admit it) so we had to handstuff people's bears. It takes ages and its so tiring. I made myself a leaving bear and one as a present.

The noise has gotten so bad in our flat that one of the girls reported the guy who keeps bringing his mates over. Hoping I'll get sleep tonight cos I keep feeling exhausted, and just for once I'd like to turn up to Linguistics feeling awake!

The above quote is from Translation this morning. Christina asked us to translate a poem about a weasel who sat on a pebble for the sake of the rhyme. I decided to keep weasel and found diesel went well. Was on the phone to Mum and she came out with that! Haha. Translation rules.

We had our new culture teacher Stefan turn up today. He's really nice but very quiet and typically reserved.

Was gonna go out to Oceana tonight, but they sold out :( Nevermind- German Soc party on Thursday and Snow School Daze on Friday :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.