Thursday, December 13, 2007

Last blog of the semester

This is my last post of my first semester here at Aston. I might post during the holidays though. Technically term doesn't finish until tomorrow but I have tomorrow off and am leaving then. Would've left today but I really wanna go to Stammtisch cos it gets funnier every week and I don't wanna miss the last one of the year.

Highlights of this week:

Revision is still going great although I want the exams to hurry up now!

I made Emmanuelle Labeau's day by giving her a Christmas card on Monday. Aww.
On Tuesday Uwe Schuette cracked a funny joke in history: "Don't spell my name Uwe with an umlaut. Its UWE. Uwe with an umlaut makes me sound like a baby." LOL.

Evy also said, "I think I should wear black." cos it was our last lesson with him. I'm gutted that he won't be back until my 3rd year and I'll be on my placement then. It also means that you freshers won't get to meet him next year unless he's back for the second half of the semester. You'll have to make do with our stories. Big shout out to Uwe!!!

On Wednesday I got loads of work done. I also got my exam timetable and TP2 timetable and I still have Wednesdays and Fridays off. Woo. I've gone up by 2 extra hours- I'm doing 13 next semester instead of 11. I only have one 9am start. Yay. I'm sad that one of my favourite lecturers, Pierre Larrivee, won't be teaching me next term for Linguistics as its only for the French people. I swear Germans get left out. So a big shout out to Pierre!!! Woo.

Today in German Communication Elisabeth showed us a stupid pop video and we all sat laughing at it. Then she told us a cool xmas joke. A perfect man and perfect woman got married and had a perfect wedding. They were walking down the street when they saw a large man who turned out to be Santa. They decided to help him with his sack of presents because they're so perfect and kind. Later they had an accident in the couple's perfect car. Who survived? (Only one)

The woman because you can't get a perfect man and everyone knows that Santa doesn't exist!!!

The man's side of the joke is that the woman had to pay tax as she was such a bad driver she caused the accident.

I also got a CD from Uwe today. It rules.

Have packed and am off to Stammtisch soon. Woo Mum and cat seeage!!! And also family seeage on Boxing Day :D

Tschuss.

xx

No comments: