Friday, September 28, 2007

Freshers week is nearly up

Friday 28th September: Update on last night

Last night was sooooo good!!! I love my flatmates, they're so much fun. Before you come to Aston, people say that the atmosphere in Lakeside is more anti-social, but I wouldn't say so in our case. We like to sit down and eat together, and we regularly go out and invite people from other flats over. At about 8 last night we all had a sesh in the flat and played loads of drinking games. The best (and also possibly worst in my case) was oned with cards. Unfortunately before we left I picked a King, which meant that I had to down a glass which consisted of everyone's booze (Strongbow, wine, cider and various others, as there were 9 of us.) Ewwwwww!!!! I did it.

We tried to get into the comedy night but I think it was full, so we headed off to a club called The Works. That ruled. Then we all got chips from Coffee and Cream and went back to the flat for a chat. We all dared each other to go to a piercing studio the next day and get something random done. Didn't go to bed until 4am. Oops.

Will phoned me 3 times at 1am. I feel so completely smothered by him.

Managed to drag myself out of bed this morning, as I was going to Cadbury World. (On my lonesome, cos Carina would have to drive as she's in a wheelchair, Zoe and Karen had IMBL meetings, and everyone else said it was ****. NEIN. I've been there twice before when I was ickle, so I decided I'd check it out again. Whilst in the mini bus I heard some German girls talking, so I introduced myself and got to practice. I have a brilliant accent apparently!!! Woot.
Hung around with them and another girl called Laura, and got a picture taken in the Cadabra ride. Okay its for kids, but I flipping love it.

Hardly ate any chocolate and was sick this afternoon. Nice. Had to leg it out of the library and back to the flat, cos I dunno where the toilets are in here yet. Went to the finance office, but they're closed. Money is going so fast. I have no idea how I'll cope with that, even though I am economising as much as I can. Bought most of my TP1 (Teaching Period 1 aka Term 1) books from Amazon Marketplace today. £40 for three books. Damn the postage and packing. £8 ish!!! Not cheap.

Will has called me twice today already and I expect more calls. Gah. I don't think I wanna be friends with him right now, cos I can't deal with someone who calls me 5 times and day and sees me about twice. He's definitely after something and it gives me the wig.


Superheroes Ball tonight. My flatmates are trying to persuade me to go as Tampon Girl. Fi is going as Super Fi in her Argos tshirts, with slogans such as "Bursting with Choice", Matt is going as Iron Man. This should be a laugh.



I should go soon. I may need to go food shopping and I need phone credit. Freshers, go on contract. Its so much easier, I've heard.

No comments: