Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Busy bee

Hello all. Me again. I'm in the library again but hopefully I'll have the net in my room by next week.

Tuesday 25th September:

Massoud, who lives in my flat, decided to play asian hip hop at 5am in the morning so I was rudely awoken. I then discovered that I've now developed "Freshers Flu." (A horrible headcold and scratchy throat). I've only been here 5 days!!! Blahhhhh. If I had to do this over again, I would've brought plenty of Lemsip and vitamin C etc. But I didn't. So I stole Flu Plus from Will. Went to a German meeting in the morning and found yet more books that I need to buy! So expensive. I bought one cheaply from the campus shop JS, but am going online Friday to buy them from the Amazon marketplace as they're fairly cheap. Hopefully I'll get them in time for my lectures and won't be in trouble. There's no point in buying them beforehand.

Then I spent ages wandering around like a wally looking for the finance office. I got some funny looks from Aston aunties because of the reason I was going. I worry about everything!!!! As of Friday I should have my loan and then I can pay things off and buy books.

Then I went to the Translation meeting. Again, useful.

At 6:30pm Will and I headed off to Carling Academy to see Reuben live. (Kind of like Slipknot but not...they're REALLY good!!!) I was a bit miffed when I got there cos the security guy told me to chuck my re-usable water bottle in the bin. It came from home as well! I felt strangely attached to it. The first band up were Enjoy Destroy. Didn't rate them to be honest. Kill Kenada were next, and my God, did they ROCK! Reuben came on shortly after and it was then that all hell broke loose. Two guys starting fighting in the mosh pit and I nearly went flying several times. After 20 minutes, I decided that it wasn't for me, so Will and I stood at the back. This turned out to be a god option, as I met the lead singer from Kill Kenada who was gorgeous and very friendly.

Will and I headed back to my flat and tried to fix my net, but alas :(


Wednesday 26th September:

Today I went to the library for a meeting. I then tried to find the next one but ran out of time and got extremely lost. Next time I'm only going if I have plenty of time to find my way around. I then tried to find my noticeboard to see who my personal tutor is. God, that took forever. Why do hardly any of the lifts go to the ninth floor and the north wing?! I walked around like a loon for ages and nearly got stuck in a corridor when the door locked.

This afternoon I decided to save money at the laundrette by washing socks and underwear in k my sink, and hanging them on a whirly thingie. I'll let you know if it works, cos I've never done laundry before. Its taking a helluva long time to dry.

Then I got a shirt for the pub crawl. Im taking my camera tonight to it, and then to the school disco. Will post pictures shortly. Better go now cos the pub crawl starts at 6!!!

Ciao.

No comments: