Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New lectures

Meant to start posting on Monday but the lecturers keep throwing homework at me. This term looks tough cos I have loads of assignments- so far I know I have 2 for translation and one exam, (although the coursework is only 300 words each) a presentation essay for german media, a report and take away exam paper for tools for translators, a presentation, essay and class test for history and a test, and at least 2 courseworks for german language. That's a lot!!! Eeep. I've already started work on my history presentation though as I'm up in 2 weeks.

Okay so onto the individual lectures:

Translation is still going really well. Christina says we all passed but no one got a first. The lesson was pretty funny as she can be quite random. She started talking about nouns when talking about a French sentence and then she was like, "It's not a compound noun like DOORKNOB." Random. Then she kept looking at myself, Dan and Evy for French help- we do German! Don't look at us, we're irrelevant :D

German Media seems good to me as I did Media at A Level anyway. Stefan Baumgarten is hillarious. I said that German is my fave language and he said, "Yeah and your fave band is Rammstein." Uhh yeah....maybe the shirt gave it away!

Tools for Translation seems fine. Hopefully I'll be able to master the electronic resources.

The German History Seminar is fine but I'm not liking the lecture at all.

I have 3 more classes to report about, although 2 I did last term as they're still Language Skills. Should be fine.

Going to meet my mentor Hannah tomorrow at the library. Then I might have a look around the Bullring but I still have research for history to do, written work and some reading. Roll on end of Thursday for Stammtisch! I went home at the weekend and Mum got me some German beer. Had a helluva lot of trouble getting back.

No comments: