Monday, May 12, 2008

More exams/work

I meant to update this a few days ago cos up until today I've had a few lazy days this week where I haven't done as much revision as usual.

Last Tuesday I had my German oral with Elisabeth and Gertrud which went fine. I got a bit stuck at some points but I overcame it so I'm fairly confident that I got a good mark.

Then Wednesday I went out with my friend Steffi from the German Soc to enjoy the sudden burst of sun and to get lunch and go job hunting. That was really nice, and I got a few job offers and handed in a few CV's.

Thursday I had the German listening exam which had some hillarious bits in it (a man doing the shouting like they do at the market who lost his voice half way through)but which was easy apart from the odd word.

Friday I went into work with my friend Adam to give them the letter which I'd changed a bit- considering resigning, cos my flatmates pointed out to me that I might not get another job cos I have to move out of Lakeside in about a month. So I thought that I'd look about first, wait until I got another one and then leave. Then we both went and did more job hunting. Handed in a few more CV's and applied for a job back home with Mum.

Saturday I went into work scared ****less of what they were gonna say. Both of the ladies who'd shouted at me were all smiles and friendly (Blah. I'll take it, but 'm not one for being patronised.) I got called into the office in the afternoon by the head manager Vicky to talk about it but she was genuinly being nice and said she'd thinking about changing my responsibilities to something easier and apologised for people shouting at me. So that was ok.

Sunday wasn't too bad either. One of the other girls started on me saying I was too slow so I had a go at her saying that I have a disability and she backed off. Now she's being all nice and unfortunately I'm covering her shift tomorrow. I need the money but I'd rather be here or have gone home. (I can't decide yet.)So cos things are going better I am now staying at RI unless things go bad again or I have to pay full rent for our house rather than the reduced summer rate.

Today I had my Translation exam which I am chuffed about cos Christina said she could see that I did loads of research. Started back on the re-capping for Sociolinguistics on the 23rd cos I've finished all of the revision for it.

I am having serious problems trying to sort out my birthday cos its bang on the last day of term and everyone finishes exams before me and are going home/on holiday etc. So I am considering cancelling the event I had planned and going home cos its making me miserable.

Should be going to bed now.

1 comment:

German English Website Translation said...

Nice to see such detailed German, English.German English Website Translation I found one good website which offers German English Website Translation services at affordable price.